Questions Regarding Your Service
What are the system requirements for Fleetboard Cockpit?
In order to be able to use the Fleetboard services in an optimal manner, Fleetboard recommends meeting the following system requirements:
How do I update Fleetboard Cockpit?
You can start an update under Help / Update in the Cockpit client.
Where can I download Fleetboard Cockpit?
For the latest version, use the following link:
Does the Fleetboard Time Recording feature support double-manning?
The Fleetboard Time Recording feature also displays the co-driver data.
Driver Card and Mass Memory Download
Which card reader does Fleetboard recommend?
Fleetboard recommends the card reader OMNIKEY 3121 USB.
Who administrates the card reader?
The customer has to connect the card reader and install drivers, where required.
Who provides the card reader?
The card reader has to be provided by the customer.
How do I change the interval of my Mass Memory Download?
You can adjust the Mass Memory Download interval (30 days max. Interval) in Fleetboard Cockpit as needed.
How do I administrate the Driver Card Download?
You can administrate the Driver Card Download in Fleetboard Cockpit. For detailed instructions, please refer to the Fleetboard Cockpit manual.
How do I install the card update for DispoPilot.guide (2nd generation)?
The Installation file and further information based on Download/Installation you will find at: Map Update
I have forgotten my user password. How do I proceed?
First, please contact your internal Fleetboard administrator.
If you don’t know who that is, please contact our Support under Online Support Center
Can I set up a Webservices connection?
Fleetboard provides a SOAP interface for the integration of Fleetboard telematics data in your own system.
For further information on this please refer to https://webservices.fleetboard.com
For any additional technical questions please contact email@example.com
A Smart Tachograph is installed in the vehicle. What do I have to consider?
- Since 15.06.2019, the new Smart Tachograph (DTCO 4.0 / 2nd generation tachograph) is mandatory for new vehicle registrations.
- With the introduction of the new Smart Tachograph, new workshop cards, company cards and driver cards (2nd generation cards) will also be introduced
- Smart tachographs can only be configured with 2nd generation workshop cards
- Company cards and driver cards can still be used, 2nd generation cards are issued at expiration / replacement
- For vehicles with Smart Tachograph there is no approval for the Fleetboard onboard unit TP4
- Vehicles with Smart Tachograph must be equipped with a Fleetboard onboard unit TP5 / cTP
- Customers need the latest version of the Fleetboard Cockpit (1.28 or higher)
Questions Regarding Hardware
How do I perform a cold boot of the DispoPilot.guide?
Cold boot of DispoPilot.guide (1st generation):
1. Press and hold the On / Off button on the upper side of the display.
2. Keeping the On / Off button pressed, briefly press the Reset button on the back of the display.
3. Keep the On / Off button pressed until a dialogue appears (blue screen, dialogue in English).
4. Let go of the On / Off button and confirm the dialogue.
5. The device will now restart autonomously. (Info: This process takes a bit longer than a warm boot.)
Cold boot of DispoPilot.guide (2nd generation):
1. Remove the DispoPilot.guide from its cradle.
2. Press and hold the On / Off button until a grey menu is displayed.
3. Press “Switch off” until the DispoPilot.guide switches off.
4. Press the On / Off button until the Welcome screen appears.
5. Re-insert the DispoPilot.guide into its cradle.
6. On the Welcome screen, press OK.
How do I proceed if I want to change hardware?
Please contact your Fleetboard Support or your Mercedes-Benz / Fleetboard service partner. They will initiate further steps.
Where can I get installation help?
For technical issues related to hardware installation, please contact our Fleetboard Workshop Support in German or English.
+49 (0) 7271 98 18 18
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
8:00 am to 1:00 pm
How long can I still use the installed hardware?
You can find an overview of the life cycles of the different installed hardware componentshere
Questions Regarding Activation/Deactivation
What factors influence how long an activation takes?
The duration of the activation process depends on multiple factors such as the installed hardware and its wireless reception. Please also make sure that the ignition is turned on at least once a day during the activation process.
How can I have my vehicle activated?
Activate your vehicle using our online support form
Online Support Center
How can I have my vehicle deactivated?
Deactivate your vehicle using our online support form
Online Support Center
Questions Regarding Billing/Contract
Where do I find my contract number and customer number?
The contract number is the 10-digit number on your contract that starts with “14”. Your customer number has 5 or 6 digits and can also be found on your contract.
Can I convert my contract from the Logistics Management to the Messaging service?
A contract conversion is possible. It requires changing the master agreement. Please contact your sales representative under Sales Contacts
How long will data be stored in the Fleetboard system?
Depending on the type of data, different storage periods have been defined. These can be found in the Fleetboard data protection provisions.
Where do I find a summary of my booked services?
You can find your booked services in your contract confirmation.
Why was I billed for a connection and / or annual fee?
The connection and / or annual fee is part of your contract with Fleetboard.
Why am I billed for a vehicle that is no longer part of my fleet?
In this case, the vehicle appears not to have been deactivated. Using our online form, you can deactivate vehicles that you are no longer operating at any time. If you have already sold or returned the vehicle, we shall need proof in the form of e.g. a leasing partner contract or a sales contract.
When are the invoices written?
Invoices are written at the beginning of each month.
I would like to apply for a partner fleet. How do I proceed?
Please fill in and sign the following form and send it to:
Please note that the form must be signed by the contact person responsible for the proprietor’s fleet.
Questions Regarding Fleetboard APPs
Which functionalities does the Fleetboard Fleet.app offer?
> Performance Analysis with driving style and degree of difficulty evaluation (based on vehicle or driver)
> Trip Records (position, tour progress)
> Transfer of text messages to the drivers
> Overview of driving time prognoses
> Driving and rest times
Where can I download the Fleetboard Fleet.app?
Fleetboard apps can be downloaded from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
Which functionalities does the Fleetboard Driver app offer?
It offers information from the Time Management, Performance Analysis, and Track and Trace services that is relevant to drivers.
How do I change the driver card number in the Fleetboard Driver app?
Log on to Fleetboard Driver with your e-mail address and your personal password.
Under the “Renew driver card” option on the “My profile” tab, you can now change the driver card number.
How do I register a driver in the Fleetboard Driver app?
1. From within the app, register using your name, e-mail address, language, and password, and agree to the General Terms and Conditions.
2. You will receive an e-mail that you need to confirm.
Where can I download the Fleetboard Driver app?
Fleetboard apps can be downloaded from Google Play Store, Apple App Store, or Mercedes-Benz Truck App Portal.
Which Fleetboard services do I need to book to see data under My Grade, My Times, and My Truck in the Fleetboard Driver app?
To view these, you must have booked the following services:
For My Times, you need to book the Time Recording service.
For My Grade, you need to book the Performance Analysis service.
For My Truck, you need to book the Track & Trace service.
How can I, as a driver, see information under My Grade, My Times, and My Truck?
1. After the registration and the initial login, the driver card verification is displayed.
2. Perform the next four steps.
3. Add the driver card and its issuing country to the app.
4. Add the odometer reading of the Fleetboard vehicle where the driver card has been inserted.
5. Drive your vehicle for appr. 15 minutes to transmit data.
6. Fleetboard now automatically checks whether the data that was entered into the app matches the Fleetboard data.
7. (Please note that the verification may take up to 24 hours.)
8. If the verification is successful, your dispatch agent automatically receives a data release notification in Cockpit.
9. As soon as the data has been released, you will see your data in the app.
10. If the verification fails, please check the data you have entered and repeat the driver card verification process.
11. If the verification still fails, please contact us directly through the app.
I am interested in Fleetboard products / services. Who do I need to contact?
For an overview over our sales contacts, please go to:
Where can I submit an application or find out the status of my application?
Applications must be submitted to www.daimler.com/career. This portal also allows you to request the current status of your application.
Where can I purchase Fleetboard merchandising?
Our promotional items are not for sale. If interested, please contact your sales representative.